Sunday, September 2, 2007

Happy Father's Day to all the dads

Not that I expect there are any dads reading this blog, but just in case, and if you're in the southern hemisphere (because I know at least in America, Father's Day I think is in June), so if you qualify and you're reading this ... HAPPY FATHER'S DAY !

I haven't yet done a father/daughter layout as yet from the pics I took yesterday, but I did do one of step-daughter 2, love this photo. It really shows the essence of her, she's such a beautiful girl and loving and kind and gentle and I think that shines through her face in this photo, as eccentric and eclectic as she is!


Credits

Peek-a-boo Oops bits by Tracy Ann Designs
Natasha Whitely Black & White tone action
Font - FG Cathie's hand



On the knitting front, I have been knitting a scarf for myself (at long last) from the most delicious wool called "Freedom Spirit" by Twilleys of Stamford, made in England. I picked it up at Stitchery Blue in Geelong on one of my many trips back and forth a few weeks ago. It's knitting up superbly, beautifully striped, photo will be forthcoming once finished.
Photoframe by Katie Pertiet

The pattern I'm using is the One Row Scarf by the Yarn Harlot and it's such an easy pattern and looks really great. And I only picked this scarf pattern as it had received raved reviews from Tanya and Bells. Should be finished it this week for pics.

Time to go snuggle on the couch with husband and knitting in front of the fire as it's turned chilly again.

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Have Father's Day to your sweetheart!

The layout of your stepdaughter is so cool! She looks delightful and fun! I, too, use to wear ties at her age. I can still tie one and that makes me laugh. Do the teenagers wear boxer shorts over leggings? That was popular, too, and I love to see fashion changes. It reminds me of "To Sir, With Love", when they go to the museum and he shows them about the different fashions.

The "Yarn Harlot" blog title gave me another laugh, too funny! Those scarves are just gorgeous! I look forward to what you create!

Tanya said...

Oh that is a beautiful layout of your stepdaughter. Just lovely - you've really captured her. And the yarn looks gorgeous - I bet the scarf will be an absolute masterpiece worn for many years to come!