Sunday, June 3, 2007

Yesterday ... what a day!

Well I survived. Remember I was spending the yesterday afternoon with the in-laws (or out-laws as has so delicately been put!!), husband's ex-wife, all her family, and the kids. Trying times I think for any sane person. Step-daughter number 1 had a lovely 16th birthday get-together, and it was a really lovely day.

Although it didn't start out so. FIL (father-in-law) turned up in a bit of a mood and declared he'd been pulled up for speeding ... ouch! $240 fine ... double ouch!! He was in a bit of a mood with my MIL because she decided she wanted to question the policeman and see what exactly was on his radar (every man's nightmare I guess when being pulled up, is his wife questioning the policeman!!). Oh dear. So it was a bit of an expensive outing for them.

But it was a lovely afternoon, everyone had a nice time. Oh and here's a hit for any future parties - a chocolate fountain! We had lots of cut fruit, marshmallows and the like, and we dipped them in the chocolate fountain. I swear the looks on the kids faces, it was like they'd died and gone to heaven. There was chocolate everywhere! (actually, come to think of it, you shoulda seen the look on my face!!!! A chocaholic's dream!!). Plus so that she had something to blow out there was a small cake with the most gorgeous candles on it. They are called "angel candles", have you seen them? They actually burn their flame the same colour as the candles. Looked absolutely gorgeous and can highly recommend them as a real treat and something a bit different.

Well must away, as I have some pumpkin cooking and am going to make pumpkin scones for the very first time, a bit of a challenge a few friends are doing. We're picking a recipe from the great Stephanie Alexander cookbook and each making them. Except instead of buying 250 grams of pumpkin, I ended up buying 2 and a half kilos of it! Urrrrgh. I thought it looked too much, ha!

So before I go, here's another layout on things that never really happened.





Credits
Papers/Swirls - Grandma’s Attic Kit from A Little Dreamer Designs by Michelle Coleman
Overlay by Kirsty Wiseman
Flower – Welcome back kit by Tracy Collins
Stitches – The Ultimate Stitches by Lisa Whitney
Vintage Photo Frame by Katie Pertiet
Hung Up Tags – Katie Pertiet
Flashwords – Katie Pertiet (words altered)
Envelope Tie – Misty Cato
Font – Mom’s Typewriter




3 comments:

Victoria said...

The only things I smuggle in under my coat are Milk Duds! You are on fire! These layouts are AWEsome!

Your poor FIL! That is a steep fine.
I have to hunt around for some Angel Candles. Three of my kids have September birthdays.

Thanks for the laugh!

Amandac said...

Carol your LO's are truly amazing and SO funny! You are on a roll babe :). Sounds like your weekend turned out OK after the shaky start LOL

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Oh, I'm proud! #1 the family party-you are a well adjusted girl!
#2 loving the things that never happened!
#3 Pumpkin scones...and pumpkin soup for the rest of the week as well me thinkest! Cheers, Tracey