Sunday, June 10, 2007

Lazy long weekend

Well it's turned into a lovely lazy long weekend (all hail Queen Lizzie and her birthday!). Hubby is out camping overnight up bush, looking for the elusive yellow stuff and I'm just hanging with the gals (Molly and Bo who are having afternoon snoozes right now). Think I might need to go start that fire though, it's getting rather chilly. Think Mike might have a coooooold night in the tent!

Yesterday, oh dear what a day. Oldest stepson was umpiring his 100th football match so we all rugged up, coats and scarves, and made our way to the football. He was so proud, even invited us to join others on the upstairs balcony of the umpires rooms (the inner sanctum!!). So out he struts with the other umpires ready for the game to begin. The two teams run onto the ground, whilst the umpires do a quick lap to warm up. Much anticipation whilst stepson does the coin toss for the teams, players run to their positions, he steps backwards whilst the ball is thrown to him ready to start the match and oh ...... a collective oh is sounded ..... his foot catches on the ground and he falls straight into the mucky turf with a thud on his backside and pops his knee out. And he hadn't even bounced the ball yet.

Poor guy, I really really felt for him. He kept a brave face as he limped off the ground whilst the emergency umpire went on. It was heartbreaking for him, particularly with all of us there watching. I know in time he will look back at yesterday with a grin, but right now he's strapped up and healing.

Knitting update - I have finished the blue beanie, just need to sew it up now. Plus, I've already started another, this time a lady's size. Very pretty vintage colours too. Picture forthcoming. I still am yet to felt the kitty pi, I'm a bit anxious and nervous to do this, but I think it might be a tomorrow job.

My latest layout in my Things that Never Really Happened Series. Poor poor Julie, how will she ever compete?!?



Credits
Good Ole’ Days Kit by Carla Gibson Designs
Curled Paper edge by Anna Aspnes
Katie Pertiet Vintage Storyboard Frames
Tags-n-Pins by Amy Wolff Designs
Ledger Frames by Katie Pertiet
Fonts – Bookman Old Style and Antique Type


This is such a beautiful kit which I purchased after I read a very sad report that Carla Gibson the designer had passed away on 2nd June after complications from an aneurysm. So I urge you to visit Oscraps and buy up big as the proceeds of "Friends and Family" (a digiscrap community project) goes directly to Carla's family. What an amazing community the digi scrap community is.

6 comments:

Bells said...

he he. Another great one Carol. That's so funny!

ksharonk said...

Sounds like a wonderful long weekend to me, inside, peace and quiet, warm. :) Enjoy, won't you? :)

Victoria said...

OUCH! My best wishes for a quick recover. In the states we would say, "That's a total bummer!" that he missed his umpiring game.

I gush with laughter over your current exploits in un-history! This is too clever!

Stay warm!

ksharonk said...

In answer to your Shutterfly question ... I scrap 8x8 pages, don't like 12 inch layouts, they are too big, and slow my computer down, and I don't print 12 x 12. :) So my album is an 8x8, and I didn't resize anything, just popped my finished layouts into the Shutterfly page template. Easy peasy! :)

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Hi, your current post wont let me comments, so I will say that that chick hes better not be too reliant on that sparkling personality! Also that Dh will be very cold!! Love the digitals, Tracey

LVMommy22 said...

poor stepson! how embarasing for him! love the LO!
:) M