Thursday, June 7, 2007

It's groundhog day!!

I don't know what I was thinking last night when I posted. I wrote that "tomorrow" (as in today) was Friday. HUH? Where did that come from. I seriously thought that today was Friday. I even woke up thinking it was Friday, what a major disappointment that was.

Just quietly, it might have had something to do with my boss actually having Friday off work, so I'm looking forward to going in tomorrow. Who knows. Shhhhhh, don't tell anyone!

Now I mentioned that my gorgeous friend Bells from the famous Bellsknits blog sent me a beanie pattern. Probably one of the very few patterns out there that doesn't call for those dreaded dpns. I promised a work in progress shot Bells, here it is. I'm knitting with a very delicious Cleckheaton Naturals wool, a very nice shade of almost dark denim blue with a fleck. It's knitting up beautifully. But all that ribbed band, whew! I'm almost up to the shaping, it's actually getting quite heavy, so looking forward to that.

I think for future beanies I'm going to have to order wool online. We (I say "we" collectively, as in the town I work in) only have 2 shops that sell wool - Spotlight and a hideously priced wool shop. The town I live in, well not a wool shop in sight. So I'd rather pay postage and get something superb sent to me for future beanies.

(Frame by Welli Designs)

Well hubby has gone to a meeting tonight, I have the house to myself, well me and the girls (Molly and Bo) so I might just sit and scrapbook. Night all.

2 comments:

Bells said...

Oh! How good does that look? I looove clechheaton naturals. I've used it before and very much like that denim look.

Can't wait til you start ordering on line. What joys await you!!!

Victoria said...

Your talk of the wool shops instantly made me think of Wallace and Grommit's episode "A Close Shave". I can't wait to see the end product, too!