Friday, June 15, 2007

Brrrrrrrrr

My goodness it is cold tonight. Actually as I was driving home from work, the fog had started rolling in. Very eerie in the dark. Quite scary too as wayward cows sometimes break through fences down here or koalas decide it's time to cross the road just when a car is zooming by, so add that to the dark and the fog, it wasn't pleasant driving home tonight.

Mike is up watching the footy in the loungeroom with the log fire pumping. I'm down here on the computer with the blow heater on. Except Molly has decided to join me and has plonked down right in front of the heater and is hogging it all!!!!

Tomorrow we've decided to go out for breakfast. That NEVER happens around here, hubby would much rather have breakfast at home. Can you hear it now ... "why pay $5 for toast and coffee when we can get a whole loaf for that!!". So this will be a treat. We're going into the 'Bool (locals will know what I'm talking about) to a Mind Body & Spirit Show. A much much smaller version of the fabulous one in Melbourne I'm thinking, and decided to have breakfast at a fun little cafe in town. I shall report back with what we ate tomorrow!

I was sent a kit from Christina Renee as I had signed up to her mailing list, a lot different to what I would usually use. Christina is known for her use of a lot of grunge, so I wanted to try it out, and what better time to use it than another layout of my imaginary family!! Here is "Things that Never Really Happened #9". All I can say is that Donna has really got it goin' on !!!!




Credits
Lil’FANfair Kit by Christina Renee
Natali Stitching
Swirl City by Scrappicnic
Curled Paper edge by Anna Aspnes
Journal spot – Ad Challenge by Kellie Mize
Fonts – Antique Type and Docteur Atomic
Photograph – art e zine


Oh and before I go, my friend from work was absolutely delighted at the Emma layout. Over the moon delighted. She couldn't wait to print it and give it to her friend. What a buzz that was. I find scrapping photos a true joy and to be able to do something so simple for someone and know they really really like it, well it's just a really warming thing.

4 comments:

Victoria said...

Now I know my problems with gravity, but I'm not sure I could yank my hair back in a tight enough bun to correct all the things I need to!

Hilarious, as always! I genuflect to thee!

LVMommy22 said...

rotflol, carol! this is hysterically funny! this is now my favorite! you must put it up for the pinkies!
:) M

Bells said...

love it! Got a question for you - how long do you mull over a photo before you come up with story? Do they just tumble out of your brain or do you agonise for ages?

Can you do a post on your processes? Pretty please?

Jennifer Sizemore said...

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. If only I had seen this when I was younger.