Saturday, June 23, 2007

Bad Blogger!

Oh gosh, I think I've used that heading before. How did the week go by so quickly? That's what I want to know. Is it feeling the same for everyone else too?

I had an overnighter for work in Melbourne, so got put up at a motel in the city which lead me to the fabulous DFO (direct factory outlets to those not in the know). I spent a good two hours just in and out of every single shop, twice! ha All fabulous brands at low costs. And at the end of it all I only bought one top from Jacqui-E. Very nice too I might add. But how majorly disappointing that was for me on a shopping expedition. Not to worry, there'll be other chances.

Being stuck in a motel room I finished yet another beanie, this one is for Mike which he is wearing right now working out in the shed. He says it's nice and warm, warmer than his other beloved beanie and in a 12 ply grey colour which knitted up just wonderfully. And I've already started on one for me, all lovely shades of purples and pinks, right up my alley! I've turned into a Beanie Knitting Maniac, that's all I can say.

I've been hankering to start on another 'Things' layout, but thought first I'd share my favourite cookie recipe. Truly, this cookie has been known to save marriages. It is absolutely the easiest and yummiest chocolate chip cookie ever. I dare you to stop at one.


Credits

Chocolate and Sugar Sugar kits by Anna Benjamin of Paper Moons
The Ultimate Stitches by Lisa Whitney
Fonts – Susie’s hand and Century Gothic



I urge you all to check out Anna's fabulous Paper Moons site, she regularly gives out freebies of the highest quality and it's such a treat. I think she's a Designer Extraordinaire.

Well the fire is pumping and I'm just about to put a big pot of spaghetti sauce on, mmmmmm spaghetti bolognese, fresh parmesan and herb bread for dinner, what more could one want on a cold winter's night.

2 comments:

Bells said...

only one top bought in all that shopping? That's so me. I often come away empty handed.

I'm so glad Mike is wearing your beanie. What will you do with the old smelly one now?

Glad to see you home, by the way.
xoxo

Victoria said...

That cookie recipe looks yummy!

I would love to see your main squeeze in a photo with his new beanie.