Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Whew! That was close

Heck I nearly vowed and declared never to watch Idol again last night when Wes was in the bottom two. I frantically got on the mobile and sent another 10 votes in! hahaha Now I *never* do that, so I'm feeling quite passionate about this year's competition. What a great final three. This is probably the best Idol year yet.

In my efforts of online shopping this year I've turned to Etsy. Do you Etsy? It's like going to one big craft market under the one roof. I found a fabulous gift for my step-son and purchased it but alas there was confusion about the postage. It appeared that it was free postage worldwide, which I should have realized was too good to be true. Unfortunately I received an email to say it would be $26 US postage on top of the price of the goods. I panicked! I wrote a nice email to the seller thinking gosh I'd done my dough (considering I'd already paypalled for the goods) and he's let me rescind the purchase and already refunded my money.

Doesn't it reaffirm the goodness in people, especially people in business? I'm feeling very warm and fuzzy right now, considering he would have probably incurred costs through paypal too. My online shopping expedition continues and I will email first to check on postage.

Another family album page to show. Ahhh I'm taking a walk down memory lane looking at these clothes, yes the swirly skivvie makes another appearance in the bottom photo (I don't look very happy do I?) but the top two photos I was wearing my beloved Hollie Hobbie skivvie. I think the kicker with a lot of these photos are the fashions. At 10 years old I was a style guru! What can I say? haha


Photobucket


Credits here.

And now another shiny new button to display, I love blinkies!! The twolittlepixels gallery is now an open gallery, would love to see new members sign up and so we can see the beautiful way you've used twolittlepixels goodies. Lots of inspiration there.

Photobucket



Must ... go ... sew. I have many Christmas stockings to finish.

6 comments:

Esther Andrews said...

I'd forgotten all about Noddy's softdrinks! Ahh, the nostalgia!!

Rose Red said...

I'm pretty sure I had a Holly Hobbie skivvy or something when I was little too!! I think it might have been a dress.

And yes, the top 3 in Idol is pretty good hey. I really can't decide between Wes and Mark to win though!

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Carol, this new memory book for your Mum is just too precious! I can understand how she feels about Christmas, but still,as they say, life is for the living...and she wont get these times back if she locks herself away.
Love the santa touch of sewing, do we see the whole thing?
Really enjoyed the Holly Hobbie birthday pics. (I still have her swap cards in my collection!)...and the 21sts, how cool...and the first wedding...oh boy, I'm gushing, you know I just love this digi scrapping!
Have a good few days,
I'll check out the knitting at the show for you! Tracey

Margaret said...

Noddy's drinks did you get them delivered or go to the factory in Malop Street . Halcyon Days. There is never a day like yesterday.

Amandac said...

Hey hun - I'm back in teh land of blogging and I came over to check out my favorite pinkie blog! Lots to catch up on with the new designers over at 2LP - you have been doing some really fabulous pages! Such a talented scrapper you are - and I can't wait to see pics of your stockings too!

Chocolate Cat said...

Oh the Holly Hobbie memories!!!! When I inherited some junky baskets of sewing stuff from my husbands grandmother when she died at 100 the treasure I found was a Holly Hobbie soft doll sewing pattern! One of these days I will get it out and make some for nostalgia!