Sunday, November 23, 2008

Go Wes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you know I'm an Idol fan. Have wanted him to win since the audition stage. So very pleased and yes, I will be buying his CD absolutely.


Okay first things first, I have been neglecting my knitting on this blog, so will show you the socks I have finished. The yarn is The Knittery Chubby in Merlot, sounds good enough to drink doesn't it? I was given this wool by a good friend Tanya with the express instruction that the socks I make must be for myself. So here they are Tanya and I love them.

The pattern is Spring Forward from Knitty, knitted on 2.75 needles. The pattern, although it looks complex, is really easy and I think has surpassed monkeys as my newest favourite pattern.



More on the knitting front. I nabbed a couple of skeins of Colinette Jitterbug when in Geelong last week. Stitchery Blue is now stocking it. Delicious to knit with. I'm knitting with the bright coloured one (colourway = Jewel) right now. Of course I didn't knit a swatch for size and they're turning out a wee bit bigger than I imagined. Oh well, they will make brilliant bed socks I reckon. The other skein there, the black and white one (colourway = Zebra) will be for mum, the ardent Collingwood fan, for Mother's Day.





Now back to the scrapping, thought the very last page of the book should be a current picture of the house where we grew up. It's changed a lot over the years, as the journalling attests. I think it will be a fitting end to the book. By the way, I'm not scrapping in order, so just because I say this is the last page, I've still got a couple more to go and then away for printing.



Photobucket

Credits here.


Hmmm, the journalling is a bit small to read. It goes like this:


"A lot of changes over the years. Painting, awnings, new side fences, change of roof colour, front fence up, front fence down, plants grown, plants ripped out, wattle tree, pampas grass, bottle brush, wooden window frames, change to aluminium, driveway paved, ramp put in, different cars, different neighbours, altering fittings and fixtures, wood panelling, new carpets, change of whitegoods, things break down, things keep on going, cracks appear, cracks get fixed, floors creak, the sounds of the house, children raised, adults coming back to visit, meals enjoyed, laughter abounds, tears shed. Yes, lots of changes over the years, but one thing remains constant - Love grew in this house and you can feel it every time you walk in the door."


And with that I must be off to bed. It is tragic having to set my alarm tonight, but back to work tomorrow.

5 comments:

Bells said...

The socks look fantastic Carol. I've got that pattern on my list of socks to try soon. So well done. And as for the jitterbug....yum!

Lisa Beth said...

What comfy looking socks and a cozy looking home! :-) Just caught up on about a month of your posts, great pages and such happy memories. I want to be a fly on the wall when your mum opens this gift! You should get a ribbon for Best Daughter.

Amandac said...

Loving the page of your house Carol! And I am so thrilled Wes won too - although I thought that all the top 5 deserved to be there :) Have a great weekend buddy!

mom2ashley said...

this is a perfect last page of your scrapbook, carol!

Lynne said...

Hey, there's knitting!! LOL

Sorry it took me a while to notice - I've been out of Blogland for several weeks and am only catching up now! It's taken me three days to get up to P for Pins and Needles!!