Friday, January 11, 2008

Something else to show

Quite some time before Christmas, heck it was even the end of November I think, I was involved in an 'Ornament Exchange'. I was given the name of my secret giftee (is that what you would call them?) and thought long and hard. I decided that instead of an ornament for the tree, I would give her something that would keep on being used forever if wanted.

Remember this unholy mess?
Well the mess soon turned into this ...

You can't see it but there were pretty little crystals sewn into some of the panels.

You may remember during 2006, that sounds so long ago doesn't it? I made a zillion Christmas stockings for people (well ... a zillion is a slight exaggeration, but a heck of a lot). Last year these are the only two I made for gifts. And she loved them, which I was so pleased about.

Tomorrow I am heading down to Geelong to see my mum and then onto Melbourne to meet up with some friends, which I am immensely looking forward to. I need this girls weekend away I think, just to let loose and enjoy great company.

Thank goodness the cool change has arrived, I have been really flagging in this heat. Temps over 40 nearly every day has just about done me in (that's 104 F and over for my American friends). Mike finally went out and bought an air conditioner yesterday and the darn thing blew up today so back to the shop it went and we got our money back as they had sold completely out. Grrrrrrr.

Enjoy your weekend and I will be back to show you some digi scrapping and I'm sure some tales of the weekend.

7 comments:

Victoria said...

Ice cream, snowflakes, top of Mt. Everest...just some cool thoughts for your hot days! Best of luck getting a new air conditioner!

Bells said...

I'm so glad you posted them. I wanted to see them. They are wonderful. Great work.

I wish I was going with you this weekend, I really do.

Leigh said...

Hi Carol, I have just come over from Carols blog to say hi. You have a lovely blog and I will continue to follow it. Your posts about your dad brought tears to my eyes. I just lost my dad on the 19th of dec. It is still very difficult to deal with some days and I know what you are going through. I no longer have a blog but feel free to email me if you would like to chat.Hugs to you ((()))

Christeph said...

Those stockings are absolutely gorgeous...what a crafty thing you are...I'd love to be able to do something that creative!
And you're really getting into the swing of sock knitting too...your latest socks are fab! I might have to twist your arm to teach me someday...
Lotsa pinkie hugz heading your way chum!
Cheery
Christeph aka Belanna

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

I am SO loving those stockings, the beading is an added treat!
Hope you had a nice break, lo Tracey

Calico said...

Oh Carol, these are absolutely adorable! Your socks are fabulous, too. About the heat, I wish I could trade with you. I've always preferred the heat to the cold. Your post about your dad was beautiful, what a wonderful man he was ((((HUGS)))))

Calico

SaschkaH said...

I love your stockings Carol! We still put ours up every Christmas, and when we do we think of you and M and have a quick prayer for you both. xoxo Sasch xoxo