Tuesday, January 8, 2008

More socks

Over the course of the three weeks I spent at mum's, thank goodness for my knitting. She would go to bed early and I just couldn't sleep so I would sit up and knit. It saved my sanity. To have those needles clacking away, having to follow a pattern, having to really concentrate, being that socks are still quite new to me. Otherwise my mind would wander and the world came crashing in. So I knitted. And knitted. And knitted.
[frames from ksharonkdesigns]


Socks No.1 were a pattern called Little Shell Socks which I obtained off the web. I vow and declare from this day forward that I will NEVER (repeat ... NEVER) knit a pattern that involves pearl 3 together in it again. EVER. That yarn was Bruised Bloodwood by Yarncakes.

Socks No.2 were a pattern a friend gave me from Fiber Trends, Hellens Favorite Socks. The yarn is Opal.

3 comments:

Victoria said...

You have become the sock queen! I think there needs to be a yarn reality show next. Maybe someone could knit something for Donald Trump's head and call it a "Comb-Over Cozy!"? What do you think?

Bells said...

So fabulous Carol. And to think you were afraid. I'm so glad you found solace in the knitting during your dad's illness and passing. Really glad. And your work is lovely. I have to make the Little Shell Socks. I must!

Lynne said...

Purl 3 together sounds horrendous - K3 tog is bad enough!

The socks are beautiful; and the difficult pattern was there when you needed it to get through a difficult time.