Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A fine time was had by all

Well I really had quite a wonderful time meeting up with my friends for a weekend break in Melbourne. A girls weekend was wel neededl on the cards for a definite pick-me-up and we laughed and talked and shopped and ate. It was just wonderful.

Melbourne really is a fun city. When I lived in Geelong I played in a band in Melbourne (yeah right, think punk rock chick and you are SOOOOOO off the mark!!! LOL). But I was up and down that highway twice sometimes three times a week for rehearsals and gigs. te he. I say "gigs" like I'm cool, but it was a brass band.

But living down here in the sticks now I maybe get to Melbourne a couple of times a years for forums or work courses but its there and back in a day. No time for anything else.

I need to do this more often. More to the point ... WE need to do this more often. But getting Mike to Melbourne, let's just say it's easier to pull teeth. He doesn't "do" big cities very well! ha. Can't wait to get back home.

I put together a collage of photographs using Megan's fabulous Design Blueprints, available at twolittlepixels. I've used Design Blueprints 6 and Design Blueprints 7 in these layouts. Such a great way to create a layout with multiple photographs.

Credits here




Credits here

Oh dear! Well that's no good, you can't see the shape of the page because of the white on white background. You'll just have to click on the credits link to see the page how it looks square.

5 comments:

Bells said...

oh very nice work Carol! I love the combination of the designs and the way it looks like a postcard, only better. You've really found your niche, haven't you?

Christine said...

Amazing! I have played the trombone in brass bands since age 13 - taking a break at the moment. My husband is bandmaster at Ulverstone. Like your photos.

Amandac said...

Wow those LOs look fantastic Carol! The photo look amazing against the white :) Sorry I haven't been leaving messages but my favorite link to your blog played up and I couldn't see your recent posts - sorry. You have been in my thoughts! I'm off to do a LO of my pussy cat for you LOL!

Victoria said...

The photographs are so cool and the pages are awesome! Our kids keep begging to visit Australia. The start talking about all of the different shows they have watched on Public Television or on the Discovery Channel. These conversations lead to all of the different deadly spiders and creatures in Australia where they all shudder. Then, they all say...but we still want to go because that place looks so cool!

Hey, that was a long-winded way to say... you live is such an amazing country! :)

I think it would be cool for you to do a layout of something that did not really happen about your punk rock gigs in Melbourne. I don't think people are aware of the brass band punk rock influence. This could be a Rolling Stone cover piece! ;)

Lynne said...

I love the minimalist look of your layouts. I assume they are digital?

I have been thinking about getting back into scrapbooking [I'm not allowed to knit - frozen shoulder] and need another creative outlet. I used to teach sb and haven't made a layout since then {May 2006]; maybe now's the time. Thank you for inspiring me.