Sunday, January 20, 2008

Getting back into it

Must get myself into a habit of a regular post again. I look to see when my last post was and think where on earth have those days gone? Already the 20th January, which means January is nearly shot to pieces! Is time really getting quicker? I'm sure it is.

Had a terrific night out last night at a lovely dinner party with a few other couples. A very relaxed evening, good food, conversation and some very fun games of snooker. Funny how men get things mixed up huh? These were Mike's friends and I was going thinking it was some big BBQ party or similar, to pull up and only see another car there and it was then he told me, "no, I thought I told you, it was a dinner party". Uh No! You didn't tell me.

It's a detail thing isn't it? Women like the details. Men gloss over them. No biggie.

Recently my step-son had his 18th birthday. 18!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Wasn't he only just 11 or so when I first met him? When did this all happen? Ahhhh yes, that time that gets away with us. What a very handsome grown up man he has become.


Credits here.

Okay, must away. Mike is off gold detecting and I have housework to do. Hmmmmm, let's weigh that up for a sec, he is off having fun and I'm vaccuuming, ironing, dusting, cooking. I think I got the short end of the stick this weekend. Perhaps I'll just do a bit of scrapping for 5 minutes first .... LOL.

7 comments:

Victoria said...

Details are always an interesting thing. My parents often get the details confused. But it is funny listening to them.

The journal strips make it such a concrete thing that he is a man now! Great photo and layout, Carol!

I agree with the few minutes for scrapping over housework any day!

Lynne said...

Another lovely layout - well done.

Congratulations to the young man on reaching adulthood.

ksharonk said...

Bah humbug to the housework ... scrap the day away, I say! The housework will be there tomorrow!!! ;)

Bells said...

i'd have been furious with Sean for that! What if I was dressed wrong!

What a great looking guy he is!

And I've missed your regular blogging but you've been away with good reason. xox

Christeph said...

I know what you mean ...my youngest step-daughter was 13 when I met her, and she had a baby in October - gah I feel old!!!!
Glad you had a great girls' weekend last week...you certainly deserve it!!! Missed you sweetie!

Lynne said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. The dyeing is fun and you're right - I'm never quite sure what I'm going to get! Can't wait to see some of it knitted up!

http://2hot2knit.blogspot.com

Angela Fehr said...

I really like this page - I should be scrapbooking right now - maybe this will inspire me to stop procrastinating! I gotta get it all done this month! The colours are so crisp, and the journalling strips add to that clean effect.