Saturday, January 20, 2007

Aliza's Quilt - Material at the ready!

Well I mentioned hubby's best friend's baby Aliza has made her way into the world. We decided we would give her a blankie (made by me!) for a gift. I'm just doing a really easy fence and rail pattern but with no particular repetative colour structure, just different colours everywhere. All pinks, greens and white.

This picture may not show just how vibrant, but picture in your head if you will fairy floss pink and crisp green apples. That's what it looks like up close.


Funny how men see things though. I texted hubby's friend last night to ask him what colour the nursery was. He texted back ... WHITE ! I meant the colour scheme, not the walls silly! I think he was still on cloud nine.

Off to sew...

3 comments:

Bells said...

Lovely coloures Carol! Yep, got the fairy floss and apples thing happening in my head. Looking forward to the results. Sometimes I want to quilt but I just don't have the time for another intensive hobby! LOL! I'll just look instead!

Polka Dot Bride said...

I need to learn how to back my quilts..actually Id love to do more..:)

Sally said...

he he "white" love the colours you chose.