Sunday, February 2, 2014

The best run of my life

It may have only been 1.2km but it was probably the BEST 1.2km in my life.  It was the first time I have ever run with Mike.  He has just started running over the last week, he has plotted out a track which is the big block of 1.2km and has been doing a run/walk/run around it each day.  He's been off the smokes now for 6 months and ready to start moving.

So last night he says he was going to go out once the temp got a bit cooler and I looked at him with puppy dog eyes and asked if he minded I came too.

Oh my!  It was soooooo fun running with him.  When he walked I just did a slow jog but didn't stop, and bringing it home I urged him to run right down the street to the front gate without stopping.  Yay, he only had two catch his breathe walks in the whole run.  So proud of him.  To be honest I think I fell a little bit more in love with him than I already am :-)

Here we are before, looking fresh...


Here we are after, Mike had had it!  Poor guy he was knackered!!


Here he is one moment after the 'after' photo!!  tee hee


This is the start.  He says I have inspired him with the fitness I gave gained.  He has never run as a sport before this past week and think he's a little bit impressed with me.  Now he knows when I come home after a 10km run exactly what effort goes into that.

I'm so freaking excited, he's looking at doing the local Noorat to Terang fun run with me at the end of the month.

So tomorrow the February round of 12wbt commences.  Sooooo excited.  After taking a round off, I'm back and doing the half marathon program.  I just worked out where the 12 week end falls and wouldn't you know I believe it is when the Geelong Half Marathon is.  What a perfect end to the round having this as the 12 week major milestone.



Good luck everyone doing this round of 12WBT.

1 comment:

Lynne said...

You've obviously inspired me too. This morning I cracked both 8,000 steps and 6km of walking!