Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Generations

So I'm a bit of a game show freak, but that aside, I am loving "Talkin' about my Generation" on telly. Well the host could up the ante a bit, but what a walk down memory lane. Hands up who is watching?

Okay ... so I'm the only one then. Hmmmmph.

When they mentioned Lolly Gobble Bliss Bombs tonight it really brought me back to another time. They don't still have them on the supermarket shelves do they? I don't think so. I remember the only time we got to have them was specially at Christmas. How funny. Oh and seeing the Tang tonight, I remember that too. Nothing like a bit of fake orange juice to feel healthy. hahaha

But it got me to thinking about Mike, who has been toying with the idea of getting a new suit. The only thing is ... gasp ... he is wanting to get a ... DOUBLE BREASTED SUIT !!! Eeeeeeek. Unfortunately Mike is caught in the twilight zone and thinks DB suits are still in fashion.

Now, Mike doesn't "do" shopping, especially not shopping for clothes, it's his worst nightmare. Recently he asked me to get a new dinner shirt for him and as I was in Geelong I went into a swish men's store in the city. I had the whole double breasted suit discussion with the man who was assisting me. I even got him to write on his business card "DOUBLE BREASTED SUITS ARE NOT IN FASHION" and as an added flourish he signed and dated it, hahahaha, so I could hand it to Mike, who was not impressed that his beloved DB was a fashion faux pas.

So tell me I'm right people. Put me out of my misery because Mike refuses to believe.


Now onto the scrapping front, Jot & Scribble have the most wonderful things on sale at twolittlepixels which really make it a dream when creating beautiful pages. Go check them out. I have a very dear friend who has the most darling little girl who has sent me a stack of pictures that I can use to my hearts content. How lucky. I used Wild Child to create this page, but little Miss S is anything but a wild child. How adorable she is holding onto her cot like that. Doesn't it make you just want to melt.

Photobucket

Credits here.

Quite excited that I have signed up to join in the fun with Katrina Kennedy in her class at Get it Scrapped. Click on the image below to read about it. As I'm having more and more fun with my camera, I have a thirst to want to do better and know exactly what I'm doing, rather than just getting excited and clicking and having hit or miss good photos. Fingers crossed.


That's it from me. Over and out.

6 comments:

see me said...

Hi Carol,
Great to read your blog and hear all about your escapades. Now need to add you to my blog roll
Cheers

Victoria said...

That little one is adorable. I love the yellow flowers.
Too funny about the double breasted suits.
The photography class sounds really amazing.

Polly said...

Well I guess double breasted suits could be cool if Mike was in the Mafia....but Im seriously doubting that.

Lynne said...

Definitely a fashion faux pas. Please, Mike, don't go there!

Margaret said...

Mikey , go for it the D.B. suit . Sounds great to me , does it come with a perky hat and Elliot Ness car ? If not go with what the fashion is.

Polly said...

Hey Carol - I left an award for you at my blog.