Sunday, July 26, 2009

Life after MC

Yes I am bemoaning Life After Master Chef to be precise. Television just lacks a certain something now. No more rushing home from work and the supermarket to fix dinner in time for 7pm. No more being on tenterhooks to see if they will plate up in time. And no more Mike giving me a Matt Preston impersonation and critiquing my cooking, although he knows what is good for him and never gives me a bad critique, otherwise it will be to the kitchen with him, ha.

My finger is almost healed. It's unbelievably still tender though and the skin is growing back, but it's not hard and horrible any more.

So another weekend has been and gone. I framed some photos tonight and am about to make up a family photo wall. I want to get all similar frames and now that I have this idea in my head I bought up all the frames in the store locally here and now have to wait for their next stock to be supplied. Trust me to get an idea and want to do it here now full stop.

A number of new designers have joined the ranks of twolittlepixels, go check them out. Lots of amazing talent. One such designer is Ashley Kennedy and I was fortunate to use her Breakthrough kit. To be honest I find yellow a hard colour to scrap with but something really drew me to this beautiful grey/yellow colour combination which I found so pretty.

Love this pic I took of Miss B nearing the end of her deb ball. All the lovely young girls are so poised and elegant during the night whilst being presented, but roll on the dance afterwards. I think Miss B reminds me of Cyndi Lauper in this shot. Or am I seeing things that just aren't there? Probably the fake eyelashes do it !

Photobucket

Credits here.

Back to work tomorrow so bed for me tonight.

2 comments:

Chocolate Cat said...

We are also so hating having no Masterchef to watch!! Watched the 'United States of Tara' last night and think that might be a new favorite, shame its not on till 9.30pm though - almost past my bedtime!!!

Tanya said...

Oh, I miss Masterchef too. It was about the only thing I watched on commercial TV. Love the page of Miss B and I agree on the Cyndi Lauper thing. It's the bared teeth!