Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Duke

Mike is busy watching John Wayne on telly right now, the Searchers I think it is. He certainly had "something" didn't he? Let's face it, he's not a great looking man, but rugged. His real name was Marion, but Duke sounds so much better. He walked with a swagger, spoke with a drawl. Yep there was certainly something there. How long ago did he die? Kids nowadays may not have even seen a John Wayne movie, that's pretty sad isn't it?

I remember many many MANY years ago on my first visit to America, I sat in a cowboy bar in Jackson Hole Wyoming and decided to do a John Wayne impersonation. Probably not my most shining moment, but I certainly got a laugh from some old timers there.

Anyway I reminisce. It's fun to think back on holiday moments. I sooooo want to go overseas again, somewhere, anywhere. I want to photograph a nice big holiday from start to finish. One day we keep promising we'll get to Scotland. I want to see where Mike grew up, his heritage. One day.

Speaking of one day, one day I will catch up with my 365 project pages. We can only hope. Here's the latest instalment.

Photobucket



Photobucket

Credits here.

Now I'm gonna mosy on into the bedroom and wah ha, I'm gonna put on my jim jams and head on into the bunk. Wah ha. Later cowboys.

2 comments:

deborah a/k/a SimplyVixen said...

OMGosh carol, I am gonna hafta take that foto course! just amazing work gf!!! and your new p365 pages are so lovely!

especially love the sunset with the windmill, great shot there!!!

a visit here is always a treat, and I thank you for sharing!

hugs!

Lynne said...

Lovely summary pages as always.