Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Is he crazy?

I do wonder sometimes if Mike thinks. I gave him a hair cut tonight, just with the clippers because I have no idea what I'm doing honestly. He swept up and then jumped in the shower. I walked into the loungeroom shortly after and OMG! It stunk to high heaven. He had thrown the hair clippings into the fire place. Urrrrgh. Burnt hair. It was horrible.

You think that's bad? Then try this on for size.

Mike is on the quest for the hottest salami he can find and no one even comes close. So he has decided to make his own. With really horrific results. Dry. Crumbly. Inedible. A couple of weeks ago I walked into the loungeroom to smell what I could only think was one of the neighbours and a burnt BBQ wafting straight into our house. Yep, you guessed it. He threw the salami on the fire.

Do I need to stand guard? I'm just asking.

One thing that does smell great at the moment is my newly planted garden. It may look a bit bedraggled with the rains we've been having, some of my flowers have been laying flat on the ground. But my goodness what a sweet smell is coming from the pretty flowers. This really is a whole new world for me this whole gardening thing.

Still saying it's not ever going to be a hobby, but still getting satisfaction from how pretty and cottagy it all looks.

Roadside Designs puts out some terrific templates each week at twolittlepixels. You don't only get the template, but often get lots of little bits and bobs, buttons, string, ribbons, stitching. Here I used City Centre Collection Map 4, and the other goodies are from Butterfly Breeze by [ksharonkdesigns] which set off the garden theme perfectly. This also shows how you can use things in completely different ways. That wee little butterfly in the kit, I merged with the background paper and enlarged it and played around with the blending modes and made it part of that paper. So cool when you can find lots of different ways to use the same goodies.

Photobucket


Oh and I've decided I'm in love with ranunculas (is that how you spell it?). I plan on buying more bulbs next year. Only the red one has come out so far, I can't wait to see what colours the others are.

2 comments:

ksharonk said...

You clever gardener you ... and I LOVE those 'R' flowers too, I don't know how to spell 'ranunculas' either, lol! :)

Margaret said...

No not mad , just a canny scot who can't waste anything that can be burnt to provide heat. OProbably thought that will get the fire going. Ranunculas have such vivid colours and once in the ground will last for a few years. Happy little gardener you.