Monday, December 3, 2007

22 more sleeps

I really better get my act into gear and start mailing my overseas gifts. Yikes!

Mum and I are going shopping all day on Thursday. I'm so excited. This will be the first time she's been out of the house for the whole day in a long long time. Dad will have a nurse/carer come in to be with him and mum and I are going up to Highpoint to do the remains of the Christmas shopping, lunch, girl stuff, try on clothes, shoe shopping, it will be fabulous. Very very much looking forward to it.

So in the spirit of Christmas approaching, poor Molly was ribboned up, tinselled up, every which way to try to get a festive photograph of her. I really was against the odds. The dogs next door started barking, there were flies, my goodness the flies are already bad this year, I dropped the bribery treats which lead to a free-for-all dive at my feet. But I did manage a couple of shots, so this is what a did. Perhaps a bit busier than usual, but it really went with the momentum of the day, LOL. "Another year. Another Christmas photo to endure" ROFL.


Credits
Paper from Paper Essentials – Ruby/Coconut by [ksharonkdesigns]
Ribbon from Small Packages – Ribbons 1 by [ksharonkdesigns]
Flourish from Springshine Kit [ksharonkdesigns] altered utilizing Atomic Cupcake Pristine Chip action
Frames from
Small Packages – Frames 4 by [ksharonkdesigns]
Back frame and small tags – Serenity freebie by [ksharonkdesigns]
Magic Sparkles No 2 by Anna Aspnes
Dollar Buys Frippery – Tracy Ann Digital Art
Fonts – Fontdinerdotcom, Lainie Day and Century Gothic

6 comments:

Victoria said...

Holly Jolly Molly looks so festive...she endured the experience so well!

I hope the shopping is fun and successful! You can get more done in an hour than I can in a week. It's like going to a gym instructor. I come here for Christmas pumping up!

:)

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Oh, Highpoint, I looove Highpoit, Howard's storage World really pushes my buttons!!
All great layouts as usual.
Have fun for me, Tracey

Amandac said...

Molly is such a good girl LOL! Great LO Carol - have fun shopping!

Christeph said...

Hi Carol! Just popped by to catch up, congrats on mastering the socks, they look cool! Molly is such a doll in this layout. But I especially liked the one of your hubby, 'Country Life suits you'.
Hugs pinkie!

Anonymous said...

She looks gorgeous!!! I love the ribbon and your page is so festive and elegant ;).

Good luck with your shopping with your mom!! I envy you ;).

Huge hugs & kisses,

Mariquita

Calico said...

Oh my goodness what an adorable layout of Molly! After you visited my blog, I realized I hadn't paid a visit to yours in a bit and I just had to see what you made Molly endure for a Xmas pic. I think you were successful in capturing an adorable moment!
Great job!
Calico