Monday, December 10, 2007

Proving it wasn't a fluke

I have now completed my SECOND pair of socks for Southern Summer of Socks knitalong. So there you go, my first pair were not a fluke.

These are full of soft smooshyness (that's my made up word) all for me. They are knitted in the most delicious shade of purple Rowan wool. Gorgeous gorgeous.


The feet look abnormally large, but it's just the angle of the photo. My feet really aren't that of a giants, I assure you.

On the digi-scrapping front, I have used Sharon's fabulous blog freebie which is still available but you better be quick. What a gorgeous shade of pink, reminds me of fairy floss (cotton candy for Americans). Don't you think the name fairy floss just is so much more fun though??? And the glittery swirl adds that touch of bling.
Click on the preview to take you to Artistic Musings so you can go download the freebie. And this is what I did with it. The darling little niece of my workmate.

Credits here

Back to work for me tomorrow after 3 glorious weeks off ~~sigh~~ All good things must come to an end right?

9 comments:

Amandac said...

Beautiful socks and beautiful LO - you are amazing!

ksharonk said...

First of all ... these gorgeous sockies look like they should be in Jodie's christmas stocking!!! And secondly, I just LOVE your pink layout, I keep coming back to look at it! :)

Bells said...

I love those socks so much. And to think you were afraid....isn't it fun?!

Victoria said...

Those socks look amazingly smoochy and cozy! :) SUPERBLY DONE!

That layout is so sweet!

Calico said...

Carol., your socks are absolutely gorgeous! You have some knitting talent for sure :)
The layouts are so sweet, too.
Calico

m1k1 said...

Bells asked us to drop by. So sorry about your dad. For me it was my mum who was so ill, and my dad devoting himself to her. I really hope you find some inner peace dealing with this. It's a difficult time for all of you. Remember the good times and the love.

Chronic Ennui said...

I'm here from Bells' site wishing you good thoughts and warm wishes during this difficult time.

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Thinking of you and hoping you are managing ok, Tracey

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Thinking of you at Christmas, Tracey