Saturday, May 26, 2007

Oh the shame...

Last night at the trivia night I had to take home a full plate of sandwiches (minus 2), plus a half eaten banana cake. Mike just did not do a good enough job of tucking in. I hung my head as I walked to the car. LOL

It was a great night, although the questions were flipping hard. Now to be fair, this is an older group that were putting this trivia night on, but I'd like some questions from this century please!!!!! My main claim to fame last night was that I knew the name of Fred Flintstone's daughter. Yes, you can roll your eyes if you must. But it was really hard.

PLUS ... they mixed all the teams up. We had to draw a raffle ticket at the start of the night, and they randomly called out numbers to make up the tables of four. My security blanket of a husband wasn't lending me his brain. And it was game on.

I will say this once and once only. His team beat my team by 10 points.

Moving on. LOL It was a glorious day in this neck of the world today. Plus we had the lawns mowed and that smell of freshly cut grass is just delicious. Sun shining, birds singing, well cockatoos mainly squawking, but you get the drift.

The latest of my imaginary relatives. One may ask the question why, when viewing this photo!



Credits

Vintage Label paper pack by Rhonna Farrer
Katie Pertiet Messy Stitches and Vintage frame
Tags/thumb tacks from Memories Kit by Lemonaid Lucy
Ribbon from Fresh & Distressed by Lyndsay Riches
Fonts – Festus and Antique type

4 comments:

Victoria said...

These layouts are hilarious and priceless!

Sorry for the trivia loss! I wonder if that leftover banana cake would stay fresh on a flight to the states?

Have a great day with your fresh grass smells!

Bells said...

Pebbles!!!

The story of Polly is priceless!

I feel your pain Carol. I would hate to bring food home.

Amandac said...

Hi Carol
Been fiddling around with my blogger account and I think I can leave messages now :). These LO's are just fantastic my favorite is about poor old Tom and his breaking knee LOL!

Kim B said...

Carol, I came by from your comments on my blog.. and I have to say I LOVE these "makeup" LO's- girl they are AWESOME, I'm still giggling at poor Tom! Really great stuff and brilliant LO's all of them!
Hugs
Kim