Thursday, August 28, 2008

Tail end of it

Thank goodness we're at the tail end of Mike being sick, although he's still using it as an excuse to get out of the dishes. Men are really really bad at being sick aren't they? I use a very general sweeping statement there I know. But women might be knocked to the rafters with being sick but they still keep on keeping on. Beds still need to be made, meals still need to be cooked, things still need to be tidied and put away and cleaned. Part of our multi-skilling perhaps? Who knows. Just that often if we don't do it, it doesn't get done.

Okay, rant over!

Mum is coming to stay today for a few days, I'm so looking forward to it. Again madly cleaning yesterday. te he. Everything is clean enough, but you know how it is, you want it to be perfect for your mum.

Onto scrapping. I was thinking the other day how funny this is. Although not scrapbooking per se (because I didn't even know what it was), I loved when I came home from travelling overseas, that I would put a photo album together. It had to be perfect. Perfect placement of pictures, stories typed up on coloured paper, memorabilia inserted such as tickets and the like. Everything pristine and a pleasure to view.

The great trend in scrapbooking I think at the moment and I've jumped on the band wagon with full force is to distress things. I love this look. This antiquated, crumpled, torn look. Obviously perfect for vintage pages, but why did I do it for the Molly page shown in my last post? Who knows. I just like the look.

Back to my photo albums of my trips. I would be horrified if I had torn a ticket when putting it in the album and any crease marks from folding memorabilia were straightened out as much as I could and if pictures weren't exactly perfect they didn't make the cut.

How funny that my way of thinking has gone 180 degrees.

Another page for the family book. There are not many baby/toddler pictures of Trevor, I'm having a hard time finding them but there was a reason. Mum and dad with a sick baby and a toddler (me) in tow, really didn't find time to take a lot of pictures of him. Thank heavens for the digital age today, nice and quick and instant.

Photobucket

Credits here.

4 comments:

Esther Andrews said...

I agree. It's one of the ironies of paper vs digi scrapping. When I sew a page, I'm terribly upset if it's crooked or starts coming undone. But my digi LOs have to have stitching that has 'character'. Too weird!! I just love the grunge on this page about Trevor, and isn't he too cute!
Esther

Bells said...

oh yes there are all sorts of trends in these things. I bet in a few years time it's back to everything being pristine.

ps your rant was spot on.

Polly said...

Oh yes I agree about your sweeping statement, the world stops when Gus is sick, and he manages to create a little man island where he is surrounded by mess.

Victoria said...

Amen, sister! That is a TRUE blanket statement. I am glad to hear Mike is on the mend, though!

How fun that your mum is coming for a visit!

The journaling about Trevor in the pink hand me down dress of yours is PRICELESS! My Noah was my kid who got croup every year for 5 years. I dreaded September-December for him. Fortunately, the doctor gave us a machine for giving him breathing treatments so we didn't have to bring him to the hospital.