Sunday, August 10, 2008

Rain day mood

It has rained all day today, about 4am I heard it coming down in buckets and it's still going. Not that I'm complaining, I'm not, we need the rain. But this much of it? And our garden thermometer has kept glaring at me that it's not nudged any more than 0 degrees celsius all day. So definitely a day for indoors.

But with the cold and the wet and all the tension and stress of the past week, God! it's already been a week. How can time go so quickly and yet it was yesterday? So with all that my mood has been very sombre today.

So I decided to get out a very personal picture and scrap it. I've had quite an emotional time putting this page together. So simple it is really, but it's taken 8 months to really look at that picture again. I took it about a week before dad passed away. He was in hospital, mum and he were having a quiet moment, probably one of his last lucid moments he had where he could communicate with us. I snuck out my mobile phone and took a picture with the camera. Didn't aim in particular, the light was shining in from the window at probably the wrong angle, it's not overly clear, I just needed to preserve that precious moment.

After thinking long and hard about it, I decided this page should go in our family history book, I think it's a beautiful fitting farewell to dad. This is what mum used to say to dad every night when she'd put him to bed during his illness. So whilst I've shed many a tear this afternoon, probably over everything - dad, my mother-in-law, my grandma, I'm glad I put all that emotion into this page.

Photobucket

Credits here.

10 comments:

Rose Red said...

It's lovely Carol - definitely worth putting in the book, and the tears have probably been a good release for you.

Esther Andrews said...

This is so beautiful. How fantastic that you took this photo. You have scrapped it perfectly (except your tears made the photo run ;-) )
Esther

Lynne said...

It's beautiful, Carol.
God bless.

Calico said...

Just Beautiful! Hugs to you!!!

Unknown said...

What an absolutely wonderful page. You can see the emotion within it. I know that my eyes welled up just looking at it. Hugs, Nicole

Chocolate Cat said...

Don't think I should of read this at work, tears are not becoming of a receptionist. Bought back my own memories of my Dad's last days, painful but special too. Thank you for sharing something so personal.

Bells said...

oh Carol. Beautiful. Your dad got so thin, didn't he? When I think back to a photo you posted a while back, you can see how unwell he was. It's a loving tribute.

Susie Roberts said...

I just love this beautiful layout, Carol. It's so serene. You've really captured the theme so artistically.

Amandac said...

Carol - it is perfect, tender and loving - I have tears in my eyes. Beautiful, honey, just beautiful!

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Oh Carol, that is lovely. You do such a fabulous job of these. I haven't forgotten the rooster, I took some more pics today for you and will put them on a disc and in the mail "soonest!!" Tracey