Sunday, August 17, 2008

Just call me Kermit

Yes the knitters amongst us will understand what I mean by that. I have frogged majorly tonight. I was going gung ho on a lovely pair of socks. The pattern was only a 2 line pattern but it was effective and quite frankly all this passing the slip stitch over on each row was slowing me down so it was a fair slog to get to the heel. But this wasn't my normal heel, Bells you nearly got a phone call in panic this arvo!! ha This one had a wrap and turn thing going on. So straight onto the net, I thought I worked out how to do it, but there were gappy bits going on and I just knew I wasn't happy and before I knew it in a bit of a dummy spit the needles were out and I was frogging the lot. Mike looked at me in horror but knew better than to interject and just let me keep on frogging.

So now my smooshy brown yarn is taunting me again, I want to start but now to find another pattern I will be happy with. No more of this W & T stuff in the next pattern, I like my old every day heels I've been doing.

Oh and just for something completely different ... it's raining out there right now. Actually not just raining, but raining cats and dogs! LOL

I dug out a fun couple of pictures so thought that will be my next page for the family album. I'm seriously missing the 80's/90's so this fitted the bill. I looked back at myself in these pictures, oh to be 29 years old again! Not just 29 but a whole different dress size, hahaha. Check out my brother's earrings, he had about 7 in one ear and 3 in the other, and the length of that hair!



Photobucket


Credits here.


Actually the funny thing about this page is that I had totally frogged that too! I had been toiling over it, I liked the blue background but I had the frames all wrong (so Mike told me). I took that on board. I did not however take on board the fact he thought I should put a big yellow happy face on the page too! ha. So I started the page all over again, changed the frames and the position of them, moved my journalling to the bottom, a few stitching holes and hey presto, I liked the page. Ahhh now this my friends is the benefit of digi scrapping. No wastage!

Time for bed, one more week and then I'm on holidays from work. Yahoooooo!

5 comments:

Chocolate Cat said...

Gosh the style of those photos bring back some memories!! Holidays - sounds great.

Bells said...

holidays again? How? You just had a long break! Don't mind me. I'm just jealous.

You were doing a short row heel which is not something everyone loves. I don't. I tried and it didn't work for me either. Nasty stuff. Frogged is best!

That is a gorgeous photo!

Amandac said...

hahahaha are you every at work Carol? or is it just that I hang around here so much that time flies by so fast! Great page there, you both look like you are having a blast! Got those stitches my friend and i am a happy happy girl!

Ummm not sure about the frogging LOL but I still pine for your weather.

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Okay, must admit the "frogging " thing is scaring the h... out of me!! -But I am loving the photos! Tracey

Victoria said...

The journaling about the earrings had me laughing, too! I can fairly hear the whistling now! :) I love the creative input from your sweetheart, too!

I am so lost on the knitting terms. Even though I'm Knitting Impaired I love to see what you create!

No rain our way, today. Warm sun and a nice breeze. I'll wish them your way too.