Saturday, August 16, 2008

Rainy Cold Wet Weather - what else is new?

I swear it has rained for 2 weeks solid, it really doesn't do much for the mood. I know we need the rain, yes yes yes, how many times do people say that, but THIS MUCH? I swear if we had a reservoir built in our town we could supply water enough for the whole state. I've only lived in this town a little over 4 years now, but even the locals are saying it's the coldest they've known it, so it's not just me being delicate you know.

Mike went down to check on his dad yesterday so I've been left to my own devices last night and today. We've decided it will be an easy dinner and we're going down to the local pub for a meal tonight. To be honest we hardly ever go down to the local because their meals went right off there for a while, we'd rather get in the car and travel 20 minutes to the next town. But we've heard there's a new cook so we're going to give them another go.

Mum rang earlier, Mike had called in to check on her too. It's nice to think your husband will just pop in on his mother-in-law like that, for a coffee and a quick fix of anything that needed fixing, so she had him reprogram the video player as she'd mucked it up. Yes, although she has a dvd player, she still players her old videos too!

So apart from looking at the ironing basket every time I walk past the laundry, I swear it's taunting me, I've just cruised today, a bit of housework, more washing (which means even more ironing, eeek) and a bit of knitting and scrapping. The fire is crackling away keeping the house warm. And I do think a hot chocolate is in the offering right now.

Before I go, thank you for not begrudging my little pity party I had in the last post, I do appreciate my dear friends for not thinking I'm the biggest sad sack ever. And with that, I'll show you yet another page from the old slides.

How lucky I am to get to play with the new kit "As I Am" by creashens. It is exquisite. Click on the link and go check it out at twolittlepixels. The colours blend so well to both vintage layouts as well as modern. Check out Shen's blog and grab yourself the freebie that goes with it.


Photobucket


Credits here.


Message for RH : Is there anything wrong with your email? My emails to you over the last 2 weeks have kept bouncing back to me, although I've gotten yours okay. It's infuriating.

3 comments:

Victoria said...

I, too, am effected by changes in weather. Rain is really neat for a day or two, but I can't handle the doldrums of an extended showering.
Best of luck in the culinary adventures at the pub. I hope all is well with the new cook.

Another brillant layout! Shen's designs are gorgeous! Thanks for the link!

Bells said...

oh that's lovely that Mike would do that. Good for him.

I got sick of ironing taunting me - so I got an ironing lady! Best $33 a fortnight I'll ever spend!

Amandac said...

Please feel free to send it up here Carol - we are drying up badly here and could really do with some rain. Sounds like you had a lovely quiet time :)