Sunday, August 31, 2008

Having a fine time with mum

Although it hasn't stopped raining all weekend. Friday was an okay day but Saturday and Sunday it rained and hasn't stopped.

We did go shopping on Saturday, a bit of wet weather wasn't going to stop us. We ended up at Port Fairy and went in and out of every single boutique there, bliss! Mum snapped up some bargains, lovely Italian knitted jumpers at $49 each! Gorgeous. Score one for mum. We ended up having lunch at Time and Tide, delicious. We rounded it off by sharing the most magnificent chocolate brownie cake, covered with rich chocolate sauce, icecream, cream and strawberries. Too bad I left my camera in the boot of the car because it was truly sensational. And more than a little sinful.

I'm heading back with mum to take her home tomorrow. And of course more shopping!

Off to bed with me now but before I go here's another page to share of the family album. This is my very very favourite family photograph. We were out the back of grandma and grandpa's under his apple tree. I just love this picture, I have turned it into a vintage hue here, but have it framed as a black & white pic on our mantle piece.

Photobucket

Credits here.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

So glad you are having such a great time with your mother! That chocolate brownie cake sounds absolutely divine!!! I LOVE the photo and your layout is just gorgeous!

Bells said...

Aww, that's beautiful Carol. YOu did lovely work with that photo.

I'm glad you've had a lovely time with your mum.

Polly said...

That page is amazing Carol, I absolutely love it.