Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Insert mindblowing title here!

Ha!  I sat here with my fingers poised on the keyboard and I couldn't for the life of me think of a title for this post.  So just insert whatever you think.

I'm madly downloading some podcasts onto my ipod so I can plug it in to the car tomorrow so I have some company when I'm driving down to Geelong.  Digital scrapbooking podcasts of course.  What else is there!! Thank goodness my calf muscles feel so much better now.  I couldn't even imagine sitting in a car, let alone using the pedals the way they were, ouch!  

I'm also looking forward to seeing my workmates at Geelong.  I've now lost 17.4 kg (that's 38 pounds my friends), and they haven't seen me since, oh, 17.4 kg ago!  :-)   I hope they notice.  Well they BETTER notice!!

Then when I get home I will be armed ready to bake about 100 cookies ready for a cake stall for CWA on Friday.  Dangerous territory perhaps, but I've been so strong in the past, I've surprised even myself, no taste testing the merchandise.

Oh I just dropped that in there.  I may not have told you my news.  I'm now a member of our local CWA (Country Women's Association).  And even though I might be the youngest by a good number of years, I'm really enjoying the friendships I'm developing with this small group of ladies.  I figure Mike has his secret squirrel stuff, I wanted something in this town to call my own.  We've been knee deep in knitting teddy bears for under-privileged children at the current time.

So youngest stepson turned 18, and I knew I wanted to use that photograph of him, the last time we saw him at 17, in a page that will go in his album.  Here tis.


Credits Designer Digitals.

And with that I best get this ipod charged up and packed away in my handbag ready for tomorrow.  A road trip awaits!

3 comments:

ksharonk said...

ALWAYS looking for new podcasts ... what are you listening to, Carol? :)

Polly said...

Bless, I bet you have a ball at your cwa groups. Nothing like country ladies to give you a smile (and some good old fashioned gossip. )

Lynne said...

Have a great time!

I'm glad you are enjoying the CWA; you're the first member I know despite the fact my mum has lived in a small country town for nearly 27 years!