Sunday, April 18, 2010

Another week gone by

I can't believe another week has gone by! We've been super super busy at work, working like crazed women trying to get everything done before our new computer system comes in. Late nights, early starts, absolutely exhausted by the end of the day. Mike has really stepped up for me and cooked dinner each night last week, which I usually do. I tell you, it's most appreciated at the end of a long day, coming home in the dusk and walking in to smell dinner being cooked.

Friends of ours found a "fat" dog recently, a gorgeous little dog, wandering aimlessly in quite a remote country location. They took it to the farms in the vicinity but no one had ever seen it before. It wasn't microchipped, no registration tags, they made enquiries at the RSPCA and the local vet and the council to no avail. Looks like this little dog adopted them.

Until they found out she wasn't just fat, she was pregnant! Result = five gorgeous little puppies last week. I went over on Friday to get all clucky over them. They are adorable, they haven't even opened their eyes yet. Little jack/foxy perhaps mix, it's hard to tell. I got there around 7pm, by 7.01pm I was in puppy heaven. Don't you worry, there'll be a scrap page coming about this! ha.

A special day for us today, our sixth wedding anniversary. Not only that, but 9 years since our first date. Gosh has it been that long? That's just crazy. Sometimes I feel like we've known each other forever, sometimes I feel like we're still learning silly things about each other.


Photobucket

Credits here.

6 comments:

Lynne said...

Happy anniversary to you both! I'm feeling very old as we celebrated our 32nd last December!

Hope work slows down a little for you this week.

Calico said...

Happy Anniversary!!!! I can't wait to see the puppies and...how is Mike recovering from his "attack"???
Hope work slows down for you soon :)

hezro said...

I ended up here from the DD board. What a cute title for your blog! I love it!!

Lisa Beth said...

Oh no - I let your anniversary go by without a card or anything! ~hangs head in shame~ Thinking of your wedding always makes me smile, and the Van Morrison song is just perfect. Happy wishes to you both for many more years!

Can't wait to see the puppy pics! When will the computer changes roll out and things slow down for you?

deborah a/k/a SimplyVixen said...

oh wow Happy Anniversary!
such a handsome couple (now I've always wondered why people used that word when referring to women too, but
I suppose it's grammatically correct lol

lovely page gf!

catsmum said...

2 years ago I was goat-and-dog-and-horse-sitting for them next door who were in Tassie. Turns out THEIR dog wasn't just fat either! ... and basically that's how I came to be Bear's adoptive mum. By the time Pete and Brenda got home, Bear had bonded and the rest is history

" no really I don't need a dog"