Monday, March 31, 2014

A Surprise Gift

I have a group of friends.  We all met well over ten years ago when we were planning our weddings on a wedding forum.  Well our weddings came and went but a small group of us remained tight and created our own private forum.   Over the years a couple have dropped off, but our small group remains.  We check in with each other and chat almost daily.   We've been through ups and downs, highs and lows, we've been through births and deaths, tragedies and celebrations, and we've met up,a few times over the years too, despite us being from all over Australia - Victoria, NSW and Queensland.

So imagine my surprise yesterday when a huge box was delivered to me from my friends, and inside was a gift to Mike and I and a huge beautifully wrapped gift to my stepdaughter Tabby.  I can't wait to catch up with Tabby to see what they have given her.  However the gift to Mike and I had a card enclosed to "the Grandparents to be" which had written "Your first editions for Nanna and Grandpas new library for the little one!"

 



How beautiful and what wonderful friends.  I'm so lucky to have these girls in my life.  Thank you Victoria, Cheng, Polly, Penny, Kylie and Lucy.

No comments: