Sunday, August 12, 2012

Weekend over too soon

We had an absolutely terrific night last night.   Eldest step daughter and boyfriend came for dinner and any semblance of healthy cooking went by the wayside and I made roast pork with all the trimmings and apple crumble and icecream for dessert.  We had such a great night, finally one on one time with Miss T's boyfriend, which we haven't really had before. 

Who knew that this body pierced tattoed young man would have so much in common with Mike.   They sat there talking about history and Egypt and camping and gold detecting and gemstones, all the while Tab and I just rolled our eyes and wondered who was sleeping with who in Hollywood! 

Mike was in his element, finally getting to know this young man that has his daughter's heart.   It's such a different dynamic dealing with the kids as they enter adulthood.  A different dynamic and a GREAT dynamic.   We are both really enjoying the adults the four kids are becoming as they are making their way in the world.   

I mentioned in the last post about my posse (a la Sex and the City).   It got me to thinking about the four of us girls and comparing us to Carrie, Samantha, Miranda and Charlotte and this is the page that I created today.  Such a lot of fun.  




Well I'm just waiting for Mike to get home and then the leftover vegetables are going to become Bubble & Squeak for him.  I have a soup from one of my freeze ups to thaw out.  Perfect Sunday night fixings.

1 comment:

Lynne said...

Glad the boyfriend and the dad got on so well.

You didn't mention whether oyu enjoyed the movie ...