Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Summer of Yesteryear

Well I know it's a stretch for us here in the southern hemisphere at the moment, it's flipping cold, wet, foggy, hail, rainy, any other descriptive words I've missed?

BUT ... right now in the northern hemisphere they are well into their beautiful warm summer and at Designer Digitals we're celebrating it.  It's keeping me warm just thinking of it, truly!

So I have the great honour of hosting the current challenge over there.  The Summer of Yesteryear.  For the next three days digital scrappers will be posting their pages celebrating the summer of yesteryear.  I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.

Check it out here, and there's a fun freebie to be had too, to start you on your way, courtesy of the terrific designers at Designer Digitals.  I do hope my scrapping friends who check out this blog play along.  I'd love to see what you come up with.

I put together this page for the challenge (using some of the freebies!! so there's a hint) showing my grandma in the 1930's.  If only she knew all these years later and she'd be gracing the screens on the world wide web!


Credits Designer Digitals.


A koala with nine lives

Nearly had a disaster this morning.  Just south of where I live there's a lot of koalas, and I often see them on the side of the road, having been hit overnight by the trucks, it makes me so sad.  Anyway this morning on my way to work I saw on the grass verge what looked like a rabbit hopping along.  Only when I came up closer I realised it was a koala doing his little lumbering scramble, it wasn't hopping after all.

There was no one behind me so I was able to stop on the road as without a care in the world he just lumbered on out onto the road to cross.  I looked up and there was a big semi-trailer truck coming the other way.  I had enough time and I flashed my headlights a number of times so he realised there was something on the road, and he was able to slow down.  So here we were, both stopped giving way to the pedestrian koala.

Oh at times like this I wish I had my camera handy.

But it did make me smile, disaster averted, and the koala used one of the cat's nine lives today.

Pssst...

Oh, and just a quick little report on the weight loss front ... As of this morning's weigh in, I've now lost 13.6 kg.  That's just on 30 pounds now for my imperial measurement friends.  30 pounds sounds so much better  :-)

1 comment:

Lynne said...

Wow! That koala doesn't know how lucky he was!

30 pounds does indeed sound better! Congratulations!