Thursday, April 28, 2011

Ouch!

I have a sore and sorry husband at the moment. The other night around 11pm he remembered the dog food for breakfast (for the dogs not him!!) the next day was still in the freezer out in the garage, so made his way out in the dark ... in socks mind you! Stubbed his little toe on one of the volcanic rocks we have around the garden bed near the garage and split the nail on his little toe so badly that half the nail came off and blood everywhere.

I missed all the commotion, but apparently he was out there, hopping around, reciting all the letters of the alphabet with a lot of F's thrown in! I can only imagine what our neighbours must have thought if they heard.

By this stage I became aware of all of this and Mike, deciding to be the strong silent type that he is, decided to put pure dettol on the toe. I think at that stage he nearly went through the roof.

On his way out of the bathroom, we have a baby gate at the entrance to the wet areas, so that the dogs don't get into the laundry and pinch the cat's food, and Mike hit the same toe on the gate. It was not pretty! Poor love.

Two days later the toe looks horrible, it's now purple, with half a nail and he's still limping, and I don't mind thinking he has broken the toe, although he can wiggle it so maybe not broken. Of course going to the doctor is out of the question, arrrrgh men!

Stay tuned, this saga isn't over I'm sure.

The Wedding!

What wedding you may ask? (if you live on another planet). Okay who's excited? Because it's prime time on Australian TV on Friday night, I plan to get into my pyjamas, wear my plastic tiara and be a couch potato all night.

There happens to be a bagpiping event in Warrnambool on both Friday and Saturday nights which Mike wants to attend one of them. When he told me about it and how about Friday? I looked at him like he was stark raving mad. Hmmm let's see bagpiping or royal wedding? I think he had his answer.

I'm looking forward to all the pomp and ceremony on a grand scale. No one does it quite like the royals, although having said that I'm not overly a royalist. I just remember getting caught up in that whole royal thing when I visited London many years ago.

I've swung an RDO for tomorrow and am attending a High Tea fundraiser. That's a fundraiser for the local community health centre, not a fundraiser to help HRH pay for the wedding! ha. The invitation read to dress appropriately for the wedding, to come along and enjoy a high tea to celebrate the occasion, corgis welcome!

So I've grabbed out the pearls, found some play/dress jewellery which I will loosely call "my diamonds", I've bought a terrific big pink flower for my head, although instead of being like a fascinator type thing, I'll probably end up looking like Bill & Ben the Flowerpot Men! Ahhh but it's all a bit of fun.

Talking about fun, I saw this on Facebook:

In honor of the big wedding on Friday, use your royal wedding guest name. Start with either Lord or Lady. Your first name is one of your grandparents' names. Your surname is the name of your first pet, double-barreled with the name of the street you grew up on. Let's do this!

My Royal Wedding Guest name is : Lady Irene Molly-Poplar.

What's yours?


On to Scrapbooking

Here's a page a did recently which just screams summer to me, it was the end of the season for roses, but I did find some beauties in the main street in Terang. So so pretty.


Photobucket


Credits Designer Digitals.

So just in case Wills and Kate read this blog (insert hilarious laughter here) congratulations to the two of you, a word of advice Kate ... don't slip!

3 comments:

Lisa Beth said...

Poor Mike! I've had a broken pinkie toe and it really hurts. Bashed two of my toes last summer (not broken) and have had to take real care with my feet since.

Hugs to you, my dear friend! I'm getting up at o'dark thirty on Friday morning to watch the wedding with you! :-) Tiara and all!

Lynne said...

Lady Bess Thomasina-Grainger (sounds very grand, doesn't it?)

and WM would be:
Lord Thomas Dixie-Hutchens

(or Lord T Pixie-H; he had a pair of mice)

Loved the pomp and ceremony; being on holidays, in the rain, with no internet access, the wedding was a welcome diversion!

Lynne said...

Oops, forgot to say (in my excitement of playing along) - hope Mike's toe is much better now.