Saturday, April 19, 2008

This is the only time

You will *EVER* see me in bikinis, hahahahaha. No way no how. I opt for a demure black one-piece when I go to the pool nowadays. But after a few serious layouts I thought it time to do something fun.

This looks like a total mish mash I guess, but it was the exact effect I was going for. Remember me telling you about the slides that mum found, the ones we'd never seen in pristine condition. Well this was one of them. Can you believe it, from 1966, look at the vibrancy of the colours, absolutely incredible. (although I did sharpen a wee bit and take a couple of black marks from the sky, this is fairly close to the original, and I did nothing to enhance the colour). This page will be one for mum's family album.


Photobucket

Click here for credits (or if you have trouble viewing this size on your screen).

Well all good things must come to an end, and tomorrow is my last day off before I go back to work. Now there's five weeks you'll never get back huh? How quickly did that go. I must say I have spent a lot of quality time with mum, licked some wounds of my own, knitted and sewed till my heart's content and generally relaxed and recharged.

With that I'll bid you a goodnight. Molly has just wandered in to see what I'm doing. I think she's a bit peeved there's not a layout of her up on the screen, she just yawned and did a bit of a bark, hahaha.

6 comments:

Bells said...

your leave is over? Really? Didn't it just start? Seriously I thought you were about half way through! Wow.

I love the photo. Aren't little kid's bikinis just adorable?

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol,

I came across your blog through Ravelry, and just wanted to let you know how much I love your scrapbooking layouts. They're really inspirational, and have got me thinking about trying this out for myself!

Lynn said...

Oh my gosh, Carol... that is such a cute photo!!! And your layout is terrific! I love the mish-mash! =) Sorry your time off is over... it does go way too fast, doesn't it?

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Oh dear, I have a gorgeous bikini pic from about then asw ell-the last time I looked good in one!
Loved the wedding layout, gorgeous!
Dad's was lovely asw ell!
Now, what is this I hear about online ordering being my fault....my work here is done!! Tracey

Lynne said...

Soooooo cute! [the child and the layout]

Susie Roberts said...

I just love this layout Carol. It's so sweet. You are so talented. I'm such a big fan of your work.