Tuesday, April 8, 2008

How fun

Had a lovely weekend down at mum's. Amongst other things, we were looking at some old slides. The projector has long since broken down, so it was holding them up to the light and sore necks in the offering.

While we were growing up dad had a period where instead of photographs, he took slides. Oh the famous slide nights we had (snore) hahaha, remember them well. What blew our minds is that mum has found slides that we have never ever seen, she doesn't even remember seeing them. From when I was a toddler, from when my brother was born. What a mind blowing trip down memory lane it's been, seeing parts of my history for the first time. Wow.

My brother has some feature on his scanner that he's able to scan them and I have the first CD of 60-odd pictures here. Scrapping here I come! Perfect for the family history book.

My other fun thing is that I met Tracey of OzCountryQuiltingMum fame, today. YAY!!! At last. We have had a lovely afternoon of chatting at my local coffee shop, I got to see her fabulous photography on cards, and she got to see my shutterfly book. Thanks Tracey, I hope we get to do it again.

That's yet another fun thing. My shutterfly book has arrived, the one for my mother-in-law. I couldn't be any more happier. I will take pics.

Off to watch Bold & the Beautiful now, yes I know, pathetic huh? But before I go, I have put together a layout with Sharon's latest quick set. Oh and I had asked whether people were having trouble viewing my larger layouts on their screens. Tracey had mentioned she was only getting half a layout, hmmmm, not sure how to fix that. So there may be other people too. The other comments were that it was viewing okay at the other end.

So I propose if you can't see it properly, that where I put "credits here" if you want to see the layout to fit your screen if you can't, then click on that link, because it will take you to the gallery and you should be able to see it to fit your screen. How's that for a solution.


Photobucket

Credits here.

8 comments:

Victoria said...

My father-in-law took a lot of slides too. It is really neat to go through them every once in a while. How cool to have some new photo discoveries.

The layout of you and your mum is gorgeous!!! My favorite pic is the two of you laughing.

It sounds like you have been having a fabulous time! Yeah, for those!

Lynne said...

Yeah, my dad took lots of slides when we were kids; theywere less expensive than printed photos. WE had several slide shows when we were children.
But the slide show to beat them all was when WM and I came back from 6 weeks in Europe with 800+ slides; they took hours to show!

Chocolate Cat said...

My father-in-law was also very fond of a slide or too, must of been that era. They are so much fun to look at. Great photo of you and your mum.

Amandac said...

Ahhhh the old slide night! That takes me back Carol! My dad took lots of slides when we lived in New Guinea and used to bore us all rigid showing them to every one when we got back to Australia!!!

How cool to meet Tracey in RL!! And I am loving your LO my friend!. Such great photos LOL.

Pillowgirl said...

What a great layout, and such a funny journal. Love it.

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Can't wait for you to show the book-it is a work of art!
we loved slide nights at home, we have promised the kids we will get the grandparents out one night and show them-great fun!!
I am looking forward to doing it again as well!! Tracey

Bells said...

that is such a great series of photos of you and your mum. I love it!~

Lynn said...

We used to have family slide nights... I used to think they were fun and didn't come around often enough... LOL! That layout of you and your mom is just beautiful!