Thursday, August 16, 2007

No news

I saw grandma yesterday, Mike played the bagpipes at the foot of her bed, her own little concert - Amazing Grace, Danny Boy, a few others, topped off by the Collingwood theme song. She weakly tried to mouth the words and just shut her eyes and let the music wash over her. It was truly a moment to remember.

I am from good stock, I will grant you that. She's fighting every step of the way. As small and as frail as she is, she's still got some unfinished business in this life, I'm not sure what it is, but she's a battler. If I can be half the woman she is, I'll be a happy happy woman indeed.

Amongst all the coming and going down to Geelong, I have managed to upload my scrapbooking layouts onto Snapfish. For the Aussie readers, if you have the September 2007 issue of Better Homes & Gardens, turn to page 164 and have a look. As a trial run I had some digi photos printed out and was very pleased with the quality, although I didn't click on matte, grrrrr. I prefer my pics in matte and either I didn't see it or they didn't offer it, but I'll check again next time. Only 19cents a picture.

BHG has a free offer of a 20 page Photo book, and there's a layout that would suit an 8" x 8" scrapbooking page with a margin down the centre of the book (hope that makes sense). So I've set my book up like that and have created a book and just this moment ordered it. I will let you know how it turns out, I'm rather pleased, it's entitled "Mike and Carol's Excellent Adventure" ha! Just layouts of our life here in this little town since we met, it ended up being 38 pages, harddover, and with the 20 page discount (courtesy of BHG) the whole lot came to $17.55 with $4.95 postage. Rather pleased with that. Hope it looks as good in real life as it did on the screen. Time will tell.

So in closing I'll share with you two layouts of my fur babies that put a smile on my face.



Credits
Scruffy freebie by [ksharonkdesigns] available from her blog Artistic Musings for a limited time only
Chunky Chipboard Alpha by Katie Pertiet
Font – Century Gothic



Credits
Pink kisses minikit by [ksharonkdesigns] available at pickleberrypop
Designer Digitals quote challenge by Mary Ann Wise

4 comments:

Bells said...

gorgeous photos Carol. As always.

Your grandmother is an amazing woman to be keeping up her spirits as best as she can. Wonderful.

Victoria said...

Your dear grandma! How wonderful to have her own mini concert with the bagpipes.

My mom plays the bagpipes every and the music is so beautiful...usually.

The layouts are lovely, Carol!

(((Hugs))) for you and your grandmother!

Tanya said...

What a special grandma she is! Hugs to you Carol. Love Bo and Molly, as always!!!

Amandac said...

I'm thinking of you Carol & sending big hugs to you all.

I have to let you know that I love the LO's! Your fur babies are VERY cute & the LO's are just precious :)