Saturday, February 16, 2013

Tomorrow I take on an Elephant !

Yep, you read right.  I'm doing the Market to Mount fun run at Derrinallum in south-west Victoria, a hop skip and a jump from where I live.


The 5K run is from the Recreation Reserve to the top of Mount Elephant.  (photo "borrowed" from their website).  Hey, if I'm gonna run up the darn thing, I think I should be able to use the photo, right?

Mount Elephant is named as such because it's meant to resemble a big sleeping elephant (I think), that's what I've been told anyway.  Wikipedia says it's 240 metres high and is actually a cone formed by an extinct volcano.  There's lots of these "mounts" around the area I live, it's very volcanic.

Anyway, I'm pretty jazzed about it all.  I've got to make it to the mount first before even contemplating running up it.  I wonder if I'll have a Rocky Balboa when I get to the top???  Arms up and running around like a mad woman.

This is the next fun run in my year's grand plan of fun runs and I'm quite looking forward to it.  Who said that???  Me???  Where has this spirit of adventure and health and fitness come from?   Although what I'm not looking forward to is the expected temp of 36C.  At least the run is on early.  I even said to Mike he didn't have to come if he didn't want, but he can't wait, he's so proud of me and will be there armed with the camera, so expect photos tomorrow  :-)

Wish me luck.

Oh and if anyone is keeping tabs, I've now lost an incredible 27.4 kg.  (that's 60 pounds to my overseas friends).  I had my first case of someone I knew not recognising me yesterday.  An aquaintance, someone I may see a couple of times a year if that, she is the daughter-in-law of a dear friend.  When I said hi and she looked at me blankly I said "hey Leanne, it's me, Carol" and she had a Scooby Doo Ruh Roh moment, said she didn't recognise me because I had cut my hair.  Nope, didn't save that moment Leanne! haha.

An update on Molly

And if anyone has gotten to this stage of this post, an update on the Molly girl.  The lump has been tested and it ended up being a sweat gland that had gotten infected and turned into a tumour, and the test came back BENIGN.  The best news ever.  And it meant we did the right thing.  She's getting around so much better now, eating the antibiotics as if they were treats (it's certainly not hard to give tablets to a lab, that's for sure!!) and it's just the heat now that's getting to her, but she's sitting beside me with the fan on her, she knows the good place to be.  And Lucky is still being ever so gentle with her.

1 comment:

Lynne said...

I hope it all went well and that Molly continues to recover nicely!