Monday, October 29, 2012

What's next !! :-)

After all these adventure weekends I've been having you'll be wondering what was on last weekend's agenda.  Rock climbing?  Parachuting?  Walking over hot coals?  te he

Not quite.  Mike and I went to the Camperdown Cruise Rockabilly Festival.  What a load of fun it was too.  I loved seeing all the old cars, immaculately done up.  And the people that were walking around in full 50's garb of all ages, it was totally terrific.  Some say that this whole rockabilly thing is a way of life for some people, and I well believe it.

But a sedentary Saturday it was not.  I signed us up for an hour long Rockabilly Dance Lesson!  Wooo hooo.  I am in no doubt now why those ladies of the 50's had such tiny waists, there was a lot of hip action going on in the dancing.  Wow what a workout.  It was great fun, we laughed till we cried, we zigged when we should have zagged, we got our lefts mixed up with our rights, but finally ... FINALLY ... we were able to put all the segments learnt together for the whole dance that they taught us.  It was so much fun.


Strolling down the street admiring all the cars.  Yes, they really ARE Mike's sunglasses (he wasn't wearing them for dress ups), crazy man!



Some of the cars were just so pretty, who wouldn't love a pink and white two toned convertible?



Oh how I would buy this car for the seats alone.  Too cute.



Not to mention the swinging Elvis and fluffy dice!  :-)



I had a bit of a "red" thing going on.   Mike pulled me away quick smart when he saw me eyeing off the men's shoes for fear I would buy him a pair!!!



Another pretty pink car.  Clashed with my scarf but no matter!



Mike found a gal who wouldn't talk back!   Ha!



Lots of fun, a totally great day.  So next time you open the newspaper and read that there's a Rockabilly Festival coming to town, honestly, do yourself a favour and go.  It will definitely put a smile on your face and leave it there all day.

1 comment:

Lynne said...

You certainly look like you were both enjoying yourselves.