Saturday, May 20, 2006

New quilt on the horizon...

A short while between drinks here. But I have been busy. Nursing a quite sick hubby who was struck down by the flu. He doesn’t “do” sick well, actually he hardly ever gets sick, so it really hit him hard. But he's on the mend now.

Anyway, have a quilting class for my next project coming up at the start of June. A lovely flannel quilt – first time I’ve sewn flannels and first time I’ve sewn triangles and diagonals. This quilt is for SS1 (step son 1) for his 18th birthday. Okay so he’s only not long turned 16, but I hate to make just for the sake of making. I really wanted to do this class and I have a reason for it.

So I got the class list. Yep, no probs, thought it would be easy to get the 6 colours of flannels I needed. NOT SO! I have scoured the shops in this neck of Victoria. Sure there’s flannels, only small arrays in most shops, and then to get colours suitable for a boy without it being too bland. I’ve found that out of the very limited shelves of flannels, that the majority are florals or far too girly.

So I’ve turned to online and these are the colours I’m about to purchase from a very fine online quilting store Honeysuckle Cottage, which I’ve used before. I only hope the pictures are true to the real colour. This is what I came up with for my selection (bearing in mind I’ve ascertained his favourite colour is red, so that will feature). Cross fingers I’m not disappointed when I get my parcel in the mail.

1 comment:

Bells said...

nice fabric choices Carol! I like! Can't wait to see the results....

My hubby doesn't "do" sick either. Bit of a drag, huh? But that's men for you - love 'em dearly but oh boy....