Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Day!

We spent Christmas Day with Mike's sister and family, their first Christmas in their new home. Mum was invited but declined. Sad yes, she still can't face spending Christmas with family and friends. I know that dad would have wanted us to continue to enjoy Christmas so I aim to do just that, because that's what he would want.

It was lovely being surrounded by Mike's family. Plus my brother-in-law's parents were there also. We had a lovely lunch of turkey and ham and all the trimmings. And the most magnificent plum pudding. Now I'm not a fan of plum puddings, not at all. I will have a serving just to be polite. But honestly this was so good, I went back for seconds! Apparently it was a recipe that was in a book by Susan Duncan. No idea which book. But I *have* to get this recipe. Even Mike had 2 helpings and he doesn't like cooked fruit AT ALL.



Probably the only serious photo of the day
Photobucket

Then funny faces started to emerge
Photobucket

Even bah humbug faces, does that hat suit him to a tee or what?
Photobucket

Shocked faces, brother-in-law cooking the prawns, caught in the kitchen.
Photobucket

Beautiful faces from Tilly the dog.
Photobucket

Strange Uncle Mike faces.
Photobucket

Funny grandpa stances
Photobucket

Yay, another normal photo!
Photobucket

Grandparent photos with my niece and nephew.
Photobucket

Brother-in-law's father, looking right pleased with the santa shortbread we gave him.
Photobucket

Master Sean quite pleased with the day.
Photobucket

Miss Jessica with her balance bird, very clever.
Photobucket

More grandparent shots with the children.
Photobucket

Unwrapping gifts.
Photobucket

Larry the bird even joined in.
Photobucket


Then afterwards we went to see my mum on the way home, so Mike made sure we got a photo there too. I like these two.

Photobucket

Photobucket


So tired by the time we got home, and then we got to do it all over again on Boxing Day, Mike's kids came for dinner, but will show those photos another day, once I finally get them off the camera!

4 comments:

Chocolate Cat said...

I'm not overly fond of plum pudding either so maybe you will need to share the recipe when you get it!! Love all the photos, some more memories made!

Lynne said...

Glad you had a wonderful Christmas. So sad for your mum; being around children might have cheered her a little!

Polly said...

Merry Christmas Carol. Your photos radiate so much fun and love. x

Fiona said...

looks like you guys had a great day, I love that I can share your Australian festivities vicariously through your blog Carol! Lovely pic of you and your Mum, I'm sure she was over the moon when you and Mike visited on the way home, I'm sure she will be able to join in the festivities next year, it just takes time. X