Friday, January 7, 2011

Just when you thought it was safe

Along comes another Christmas page!!!! I fear my sister-in-law will flip out when she sees this photo. Mike ... err Santa ... was handing out presents with his family and Mike ... err Santa ... demanded a kiss from everyone. Just as his sister went in to give him a kiss Mike ... err Santa ... went "Aaaargh" and pulled away.

Urrgh. Brothers and Sisters. Never changes no matter how old they get.


Photobucket


Credits Designer Digitals.


It was another hot one today. I fear my hydrangeas have gone where no man has gone before. They are dried up and shrivelled, it's not pretty. After dinner tonight I decided to plant some more plants though. Mind you, I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm just plonking them in, watering, sprinkling some magic stuff around (the container promises I will get lots of flowers) and cross fingers and hope for the best.

I so much wanted a Chinese Lantern and planted one some time ago and unfortunately the snails ate it almost to the ground. I haven't given up hope though. Where one of our trees have been pulled out, we're not getting a bit of sun to that area of the garden, and need something in place of the tree, but not so big as the tree was. So I've gone and bought another Chinese Lantern, a deep red this time. I've sprinkled sawdust all round it, I guess snails don't like getting splinters in their belly, I'm having better luck with the sawdust in keeping the snails at bay.

I also planted some other flowers and for the life of me I can't think what they're called, that's what kind of hopeless gardener I am. I think they are Zinnias. Actually now having typed it I'm sure they are. Cross fingers they grow too.

I really should be writing down the name of all the flowers I've planted so I can keep track of what they are. Why didn't I think of that months ago? Maybe I need to take a photograph of each flower and put it on my blog and have a "name that flower" competition! That might be the only way I'll be able to keep track.

Hot night tonight, looks like we'll be having the fan on all night. Just as I've started getting the sniffles. Figures.

No comments: