Friday, September 19, 2008

It is raining cats and dogs out there

It's absolutely teeming (or should that be teaming???) down at the moment. Where I live here I'm sure it's a rain belt. Sometimes the rain starts so quickly that it's like someone up there has turned on a tap and then just as quickly turns it off again. And when it rains, it rains hard. It really doesn't give credence to the state being in drought at the moment. I've often said if they built a reservoir here we'd be able to service the whole of Victoria I'm sure.

Funnily enough though it was beautiful and sunny this morning, one of the neighbours was even mowing their lawn, and now it's grey, dismal and raining. That's the way the weather is in this neck of the woods. I've never known anything quite like it.

Well this is my last official day off work, apart from the weekend of course. There's four weeks of your life you won't get back! I've thoroughly enjoyed myself, I'm such a home body and I do love to potter. Oh how to get paid to do this huh? Next week I'll be back on the talking books and driving that dismal road 100 kilometres every day to get to work and back. Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.

I have been able to make huge inroads into this family album. I've actually set a Word document up and put a table in it with side to side book pages and put thumbnails of each layout where it would sit in the book, so I can see where the gaps are and more particularly which side the binding will be on, don't want to lose any precious journalling.

I was able to dig out some fabulous old photographs from when our family home was being built so have put together a page for the book. I've covertly asked mum a few leading questions about the house, gosh she's going to get a giggle when she sees her words being read back in this book when she gets it.


Photobucket


Credits here.

This is the only family home I've known, mum and dad built it in 1963 and mum is still there today. It's me that's moved from pillar to post since I've left home! I took a nice pic of the house the other day when I was down there so I'll do an updated version for the back of the book I think, so many changes, there's no fence now, the driveway and a bit to the side got tiled when we had three cars that needed parking, then a ramp was put in at the front when dad had trouble walking. But the feel of the house is the same, because it's my family home.

3 comments:

Chocolate Cat said...

Its been raining here all day and I am not happy!!! Where is the beautiful sunshine like we had last saturday? Sorry your holidays are coming to an end. Another great family album page!!

Jodie said...

Gorgeous page! My Mum has lived in the same house since 1963 as well, only the second house she has lived in her entire life!

Send some rain my way please, my garden desperately needs a drink.

Bells said...

i didn't realise you had one constant home growing up. I envy that. We moved every 3-4 years.